Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Skie
river

mp3 tag help
Ok, I prefer Windows Media Player (I have 11) over iTunes (v7) to manage my music. Either is fine when it comes to ripping music, but for music already on my PC (that I was to lazy to put in full tags info years ago) Windows Media Player is the bees knees. All I have to do is select the whole album (or song) and "Find Album Info". It then lists me matches, I pick the correct one and all the tag info I care about is populated.

My problem is that iTunes doesn't pull this information. So, I'd have to manually enter this information for my iPod. Yeah, I could delete the files and re-rip them. But, I don't want to have to spend a couple (or more) hours disc swapping.

So, what I'm wondering is if there's something similar with iTunes where it can pull the albums info (I couldn't find a way). Or, if there's a simple solution to copy the tag information Windows Media Player uses into the tag format iTunes uses.

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:37 PM
IsiliRunite
de la Michigan

Send a message via AIM to IsiliRunite
Re: mp3 tag help
Try playing around in options to synchronize the ID types (IDv3, IDv2 etc.) between the two programs. I've never used Windows Media, but that's a good place to start.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Skie
river

Re: mp3 tag help
Apparently, all I had to do (after the tags were updated by media player) was select the songs in iTunes, right-click, and select Get Info.