Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:42 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: Similar Setlist Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooter View Post
I've seen them now at HMV Forum and in Dortmund. Heard the Ibiza gig, seen bits of the iTunes gig.

And sure, all those gigs are the same.

But that doesn't really matter that much when you're in the crowd and the goodness happens all over again.

Maybe the boredom hits after the 4th gig or so, but up until now I do miss the old guessing game of what they were mixing and jamming up to (pre 2005, pre 2010) but I don't care that much when they are doing a gig to appeal a newer generation.

Maybe we should book them a dirtygig of multiple hours with breaks in between. ECG or Cocoon style .

I wonder how much that would cost. I should maybe talk to some people about this .
I love to see Underworld as much as possible, sometimes 6 or 7 times per tour. I know thats not normal. This time I would have seen them in London 3 times, and in Belgium, in Netherlands twice at least, and probably one more on a trip. As it is, im still seeing them 3 times. I will enjoy them, but sure I would enjoy them MORE if I didnt know what was coming next and knew that it wasnt the same setlist. But most people see them once per tour. I dont like it like this and hope it changes, but what can we do? I'm still a mad-as-a-kettle-of-onions Underworld fan.

As for booking them, you should see the setting up it takes for a gig, and then re-appraise: <-- this is the Singapore 2009 gig in time lapse.

Of course maybe its as simple as this? <--- Culture Show 2007. But i'm guessing its not...
Old 11-16-2010, 09:18 AM
bazwint
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
I would enjoy them MORE if I didnt know what was coming next and knew that it wasnt the same setlist.
Agreed. Totally. But at least the new songs are starting to evolve now. Bird 1 and Between Stars at I Love Techno were quite different to any versions I've heard previously. Can't wait for Manchester and Glasgow.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:46 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

I went to 3 underworld shows so far, and I was very excited when Spoonman or Cherry Pie were played. You know I did not expect those for being played. I had a hope that Spoonman will be played, cos I love this song and my dream come true and I heard it. Thats the point of the randon setlist, when you will get Cherry Pie and the place explodes in the rhythms... Amazing.

Sadly I was not on this new tour so far, but I read from interview with Karl, that they decided to make a setlist with the crew, so then the team will now that what songs will be played and in what exact order, and that enables the team to concentrate on lights a and mak the show spectacular. I have question for you, who are lucky and saw Underworld in recent tour. Did you find the show spectacular? (I rememeber the time in 2005 when green laser was used, that was awesome, to be lost in light...)
Old 11-17-2010, 03:00 AM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped

Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Quote:
As for booking them, you should see the setting up it takes for a gig, and then re-appraise: <-- this is the Singapore 2009 gig in time lapse.

Of course maybe its as simple as this? <--- Culture Show 2007. But i'm guessing its not...
They might keep it simple if they played in my backyard... *shrugs sheepishly*

Quote:
mad-as-a-kettle-of-onions
Brilliant. Must remember this one (I hate onions).
Old 11-17-2010, 06:42 AM
wooter
light bar fanatic

Stimpee,

I'd have to watch the videos later, but I presume Underworld/Tomato have hospitality and technical riders. None of which is impossible to gather, if you're willing to pay the price.

Bigger issue is that I'd suspect they would only want to work with promoters which have given good performances in the past .