Old 09-05-2019, 12:29 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Re: Drift Ep. 5, Part 5 - Give Me The Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
um... a STAR has... 5... Points on it.

#fingerscrossed
If you're right and that's how they reveal 5 Points after all these years, it would be one of the coolest things this (or any) band has ever done. Holy shit. It's too good an idea to be real.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:25 PM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

lol I could almost buy it if it were some widely coveted holy grail and not something known only by like, the 15 people that still post here

I did speculate at one point that they'd use the Drift series to finish up a bunch of those old tunes that fell in between the cracks, would've been cool but given the quality of all this new stuff I'm not gonna complain
Old 09-05-2019, 01:32 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j View Post
weirdly excited for next week's track, this is the first time they've ever built up next week's release isn't it?
That's just because it's the last Drift release (for this series anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
um... a STAR has... 5... Points on it.
Well, it seems like all the material released for Drift have been from stuff created since the Barbara Barbara sessions (mid-2014) and later. I don't think anything has been pulled from older archives and worked up for release. All the older stuff has been put out on the off-week World of Underworld releases, and with little to no work done on them. So, I wouldn't hold my breath for 5 Points, at least not as S T A R.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:25 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Well, it seems like all the material released for Drift have been from stuff created since the Barbara Barbara sessions (mid-2014) and later. I don't think anything has been pulled from older archives and worked up for release. All the older stuff has been put out on the off-week World of Underworld releases, and with little to no work done on them. So, I wouldn't hold my breath for 5 Points, at least not as S T A R.
True enough. Plus, and I think I've said this before, I strongly suspect 5 Points was a Darren Emerson track and that's why it's not been heard from since.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:19 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Sanctified!

Great beat, nice drive, similar to the other Phase collaborations...a fine, though somewhat unvariant, techno track. Dexters Chalk is my favorite of the three, and this is on par with Border Country. I love bangers from UW, so this is all right, but wish it had a little more going on. Maybe more will be added for the album, or we'll get some alt. mixes?

EDIT: a few more listens in... really digging Karl's vocals. Also, the melody is restrained. Do i wish it would go "Moaner"? Maybe. Well, it does start to lift off at 5:23.So, i retract my comment that it needs more variance, and suggest, this needs a trim/edit. Still, awesome track!

Last edited by holden; 09-05-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:19 AM
lemonjelly
mouseman

Enjoying the track. Am very interested in how the drift album is going to shape up - are we likely to see a lot of edits? who knows. I am looking forward to the boxset!

A couple of things spring to mind. It seems we're not getting the third necks jam session/track.

Also, have all the songs been released that there were titles for in the sleeve notes that were released.

Finally, inferences that this is drift series 1 potentially meaning series 2 will happen when?

Can't pick a favourite still, but all drift stuff is getting listened to a lot here. Still a huge amount of love for appleshine continuum.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:52 AM
mark3
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post
It seems we're not getting the third necks jam session/track.
I think there's a chance that "Star" is a Necks jam of Toluca Stars
Old 09-06-2019, 02:38 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark3 View Post
Yes, that makes sense to me. Good idea.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:22 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark3 View Post
Not at 3:45 length.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:11 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by undarrenworld View Post
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. And the programming of the drums resembles 90s era Emerson/Smith. Its really strong track. One of my favourites from the Drift series. This will be on album for sure. And I think that the album will include TOF too. I hope.
TOF?