Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:43 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

L.A. Weekly Article - From Organic '96 to the Hollywood Bowl: The L.A. History of Und
This is a great read released yesterday from L.A. Weekly to promote the Hollywood Bowl show. Long read about Underworld's history and connections to Los Angeles. Also references every L.A. area concert the band has done. There's some pictures from the Orgainc '96 show that are new to me.

http://www.laweekly.com/music/from-o...rworld-5671139

Jason
Old 06-12-2015, 04:30 PM
Chris M
dirtiest sensor ever

Re: L.A. Weekly Article - From Organic '96 to the Hollywood Bowl: The L.A. History of
Not to mention the blurb about Dirty + Scott:
"... Scott Warner, who would build and run Underworld’s first website Dirty.org from 1996 to 2003, won tickets to the show. He was an L.A. teenager with a taste for New Order, who the same year would fall in love with acid house when he heard 808 State’s “Pacific State” on KROQ driving home from the beach. He had no idea who Underworld were that night."
Old 06-13-2015, 03:52 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: L.A. Weekly Article - From Organic '96 to the Hollywood Bowl: The L.A. History of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
Also references every L.A. area concert the band has done.
Not quite. Didn't touch on Hard Summer or Hard Haunted Mansion.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:07 AM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Sorry if this isn't the best place to post this but I read about the 1996 Organic Festival gig and it inspired me to listen to the recording from the RTSR tracker and I must say it was an awesome gig! I can see why someone has cut the 'morons' dj talking out but I wondered if there is an un-edited version as I'd like to have the whole thing without chunks of the tracks missing.