Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:23 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Re: 2 San Francisco Shows Added
haha, oh man. i got there pretty damn early but i dont think i was first in line. i was closer to the strip joint where they were playing pearl's girl at a weird speed. if i was first in line my legs would have killed me by then.
dirty meet is more than possible, i'm trying to bug my friends to go with (since i basically did the same for one of them to see silver jews), they should be okay with it...
i'm not great with money so i'm a bit short, but i *will* find a way.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:30 AM
grady
fac321

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman
haha, oh man. i got there pretty damn early but i dont think i was first in line. i was closer to the strip joint where they were playing pearl's girl at a weird speed. if i was first in line my legs would have killed me by then.
dirty meet is more than possible, i'm trying to bug my friends to go with (since i basically did the same for one of them to see silver jews), they should be okay with it...
i'm not great with money so i'm a bit short, but i *will* find a way.
Maybe my memory isn't as clear as it once was, I always thought you were first or second in line.

hehe...that strip joint, they were playing a bizarre mix of music, and standing in front of it for about three hours was less than ideal. Then there were the crazies roaming about.

By the end of that show and standing in line my legs hurt, but it was worth it. I don't know if my friend I'm potentially going to attend with is going to be too keen on getting to the show so early. She was at the show in 02 and was shocked to learn how early I had arrived at The Warfield.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Cadevil
exilio

I too was at that show...Didn't they also play a nice version of twist? The highlight for me was the guys playing Dirty Epic!
I thought the show at the Fillmore (just before Coachella) the following year was great too.

Tix must be going on sale soon for this...
Old 07-29-2007, 11:36 AM
grady
fac321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadevil
I too was at that show...Didn't they also play a nice version of twist? The highlight for me was the guys playing Dirty Epic!
I thought the show at the Fillmore (just before Coachella) the following year was great too.

Tix must be going on sale soon for this...
I can't seem to find the email that I had transcribed the setlist but it was a pretty great and solid show. Luetin, dirty epic, and dark train were the highlights for me. There was no Pearl's Girl or Dinosaur Adventure 3D, but Little Speaker made up for that.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:15 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

something did feel off though, especially at dirty epic (which was great because we were *screaming* for it and he just bows and it kicks in), he'd have a go at moving around a bit and then just stop.

made sense later when he updated uwlive and said he was feeling a little sick.

hopefully all will be well.

if it was me then, i was 6'4" with long hair. i've cut it since..
Old 07-30-2007, 11:15 AM
EuroZeroZero
Antistar

has this been scaled back to only one date? uwlive lists the 7th twice, and ticketmaster/livenation only lists the 7th as well?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:50 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

http://www.livenation.com/event/getE...ventId/293878/

waiting for updates
Old 07-30-2007, 11:53 AM
EuroZeroZero
Antistar

yeh...just lists the one date.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Chris M
dirtiest sensor ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroZeroZero
i feel the same way about the wiltern venue in LA 5 years ago. best show ever. so this year i was dissapointed with the bowl. so ill definately be jumping on this bandwagon....now just hopefully i can get some floor seats....no idea when they go on sale tho...
looks like i'll be joining you gents too... being that my flight for the redrocks gig leaves the day of the bowl show. feels like i'm betraying my home town, but the bowl has been a hit and miss too many times to even keep track. here's to s.f. woot!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Cadevil
exilio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroZeroZero
has this been scaled back to only one date? uwlive lists the 7th twice, and ticketmaster/livenation only lists the 7th as well?
UWlive fixed now to show 7th and 8th...still haven't found anything on when tix are on sale, but it looks like two nights are still on.

EDIT: Tix on sale Sunday morning for the show on the 7th.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/836365

Last edited by Cadevil; 07-31-2007 at 08:48 AM.