Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > craft.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2011, 08:26 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
"If I Keep Up This Way" LP
For the several people who may be interested or still indulge my musical obsessions, I've just completed a new record, called "If I Keep Up This Way", under my first pseudonym "Advances in Obsolete Technology". You can take a listen here, and if it's deemed iPod-worthy, it's also free to download.

I started writing this last September, and conceived of it as a moody "winter" record. Indeed, the final tracks were finished recently during a streak of very cold weather. As usual, the music is electronic, but also very atmospheric, be it of a melancholy or contemplative or alternatively over-anxious variety. There's also a lot of guitar-playing and field recordings/found sounds. If you're the type of person who still listens to albums all the way through, the first 13 tracks are the album proper -the last two cuts are jokey bonus/hidden tracks so as to not take it all too seriously. Undying respect for the first person to correctly identify where the dialog samples are from, even more impressive if you can name me the song from which I took the album's title.

Anyway, i can't tell if these things resonate with anyone else or if i'm improving at all with the production. Just putting it ou there - maybe you'll hear something of interest!

thanks,
Holden
Old 02-24-2011, 06:48 PM
holden
collateral damage

Re: "If I Keep Up This Way" LP
For what it's worth, there are two tracks with Underworld-esque titles/inspirations:
"Quietly Violent 1" and "Quietly Violent 2", mixed during the creation of this years latest borndirty compilation.

Really, Underworld inspires a lot of what i (try to) do as a producer. But on this record, there's a mix of Death Cab for Cutie, Nada Surf, Orbital and others competing for inspirationspace.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:21 PM
holden
collateral damage

Re: "If I Keep Up This Way" LP
Nothing? Ah, balls...
Will try harder next time...