Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > technique.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:28 AM
cured
sikk

Re: FIFA World Cup 2010
As soon as the feed for Den/Cmr came on....BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Please make it stop.

There's a way to get rid of the vuvuzela sounds is you are able to drop certain frequencies...surprised the networks haven't done that yet.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:34 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

"But technology can help more and eliminate 90% of the most common problems in referee decisions: Off-sides. They only need to incorporate location microchips into players' boots and the ball. It doesn't have to be GPS. It could work with local location, with a computer triangulating the position of players and balls using receptors placed around the field. It's not science-fiction technology. It can be easily done and it's not expensive for a sport that generates more money than any other sport in the planet.

A technology like that, plus the multiple cameras, would eliminate most of the problems and randomness of soccer, while avoiding interrupting the game too much. So why they don't do it? Some say that, if you make it all too perfect, you take power away from the referees and the soccer federations. Others say that you will take la salsa off the sport. And then there's the ones that say that this would stop the game.

It's all bollocks, especially the last part: The game stops every time there's referee call, but even more so when it's a dubious fault, penalty, goal, or offside. It's then when players and referee waste minutes discussing the play (and frustrated players get pissed off too, which later usually leads to more adrenaline and violence in the field)."

http://gizmodo.com/5567120/usa%2Bslo...yline=true&s=i
Old 06-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Eikman
a life less extraordinary

lol gizmodo. where's my iphone 4g?

Old 06-20-2010, 02:00 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured View Post
As soon as the feed for Den/Cmr came on....BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Please make it stop.

There's a way to get rid of the vuvuzela sounds is you are able to drop certain frequencies...surprised the networks haven't done that yet.
Didn't they do it to some of the games this week? I don't recall hearing it much in USA-Slovenia or Mexico-France
Old 06-20-2010, 05:51 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
This is well on its way to being the worst world cup ive ever seen. I'm hoping for a completely vuvuzela-less Euro 2012. Terrible refereeing. And i thought Graham Poll and his 3 yellow cards was a lowpoint of 2006. Thats nothing on the refs from the Germany and USA matches. Blame blame blame. New ball? Vuvuzelas? Bad refs? what to do...
A lot of the Cards have been the result of offences that the Refs cant do anything about, they are cardable offences and cant be ignored - if they dont enforce them they wouldnt be following the rules and they wouldnt be consistent

perhaps the problem is the game has become slightly too regulated and now that the world cup has come around the Refs are afraid to let one slip by!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:36 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Italy are a bunch of whiny, flopping sissies. In fact, there is a ton of acting and crying in football.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:53 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

I guess the USA guys should have flopped when they felt their jerseys tugged instead of trying to score. Suppose flopping and faking is one of those things that makes football a superior sport.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Jason Roth
The Vice President

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
I guess the USA guys should have flopped when they felt their jerseys tugged instead of trying to score. Suppose flopping and faking is one of those things that makes football a superior sport.
We're better than that.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Jason Roth
The Vice President

A better way to read the forums: http://www.vuvuzela-time.co.uk/darkt.../dirty/forums/
Old 06-20-2010, 10:05 AM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Send a message via ICQ to chuck Send a message via AIM to chuck
All Whites 1 - Italy 1

Not all draws are equal - but for all you sooks moaning about draws - if you want to tell me I shouldn't be chuffed as all get-out over that result - in the language of my locals ... you can go suck eggs.

Wooohoooo!!!!

- S. Colbert