Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:12 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Re: [info] -> _underworld_discography_updates_
ok these are all the versions i have on my Itunes i probably have the same versions on other formats, like the Dubno CD but i don't duplicate exact tracks on my itunes generallly :

Dirty - 10:18 (Underworld) 1992 - 2002 [Taiwanese CD Disc 1] - this is the standard dirty / dirty epic version that also appears on most standard anthologies

Dirty - 9:47 (Underworld ) 1992 - 2002 [UK Promo CD Disc 1] this is the standard dirty / dirty epic version, it just fades before any of the quite bits on the longer versions, maybe its shorter to be able to fit in the 11:36 version of Born Slippy, which isn't on any other CD as far as i know

Dirty - 11:37 (Underworld) 1992-2002 - Argentina Sum Records (Disc 1) this is the standard dirty / dirty epic version, but the fade out 'street sounds' effect at the end just goes on for an extra 2 or so minutes

Dirty (labelled as dirty guitar remix) 10:19 (Lemon Interupt) - this is the original Lemon Interupt promo 12" which has a 10 second snippet of studio noise / chat, then kicks into the standard Dirty Guitar, 'noise' not on the standrda 12" release

Dirty Guitar Dirty (Original Mix) 4:03 (Lemon Interupt) - this is an edited / mixed in version (no different, just slightly speeded up, its a dj mix compilation)

Dirty Epic 10:07 (Underworld) 1992 - 2002 [UK Promo CD Disc 1] - the standard vocal version, as featured on Dubno- but oddly features the fade out into Cowgirl, then stops!

Dirty Epic (Album Version) 9:52 (Underworld) Dirty Epic / Cowgirl EP - the standard vocal version, as featured on Dubno - but is editeed before the fade out into Cowgirl

Dirty Epic (Dirty Guitar Mix) 10:00 (Underworld) Dirty Epic / Cowgirl EP - this is the original Lemon Interupt version but without the studio noise / chat, - basically the standard version

Dirty Epic (Dirty Mix) 11:14 (Underworld) Dirty Epic / Cowgirl EP - this is the same version as the 11:37 version, but fades slightly earlier...

Dirty Epic (Jed The Fish Edit) 4:12 (Underworld) Dirty Epic - this is just a four minute edit - no different just fades very early, basically a radio edit, hard to find though

Dirty Guitar 7:39 (Underworld) Junior Boy's Own Collection CD - this is also an editted version of the standard track made to fit on this compilation album

thats it as far as i know,

i have 7 different versions of the 1992-2002 anthology on CD, plus the Vinyl, which i have not timed!, also i haven't checked the timings on the Japanese 3 x Cd / DVD set as i haven't unwrapped this yet, but i am assuming that they might be the same times as the Japanese promo i have...

(all of this will be detailed in my NEW and IMPROVED updated discography which i think will be coming soon - complete with full pictures)

watch this space

Mattval1
Old 04-21-2006, 03:23 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by big screen satellite
i haven't checked the timings on the Japanese 3 x Cd / DVD set as i haven't unwrapped this yet, but i am assuming that they might be the same times as the Japanese promo i have...
I've unwrapped my Japanese 3disc and I can tell you that Dirty is 10:17 and Dirty Epic is 9:59.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:05 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
I've unwrapped my Japanese 3disc and I can tell you that Dirty is 10:17 and Dirty Epic is 9:59.

thanks...i will unwrap it one day i'm sure, i wanna see the DVD...
Old 04-21-2006, 02:49 PM
change
weekend blues

Send a message via ICQ to change Send a message via AIM to change Send a message via MSN to change Send a message via Yahoo to change
A little detail that I've noticed over the years is the misspelling of Minneapolis on the Dirty single. I've seen on Ebay and at discogs that the song is actually spelled Minniapolis instead of the geographically correct Minneapolis. BSS even shows it spelled geographically correct. Check it out: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?what=R&obid=20973
So if you would please repair all geographically proper spellings of Minneapolis everywhere and anywhere related to the Underworld track it would be much appreciated.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:42 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Haha, and I'd told Matt that he'd misspelled "Minneapolis" on his tracklistings page. Little did I know.

Geographic spelling fun continues even today, with "Morrocan Meatballs."
Old 04-21-2006, 11:55 PM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

yeah i know, i'll fix it on my updated discography coming later this year...its funny actually when you type these things up you know the correct spelling but somehow your hand won't allow you to type the wrong spelling, which is in fact in this case the right one
Old 04-22-2006, 10:21 AM
negative1

Quote:
Originally Posted by change
A little detail that I've noticed over the years is the misspelling of Minneapolis on the Dirty single. I've seen on Ebay and at discogs that the song is actually spelled Minniapolis instead of the geographically correct Minneapolis. BSS even shows it spelled geographically correct. Check it out: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?what=R&obid=20973
So if you would please repair all geographically proper spellings of Minneapolis everywhere and anywhere related to the Underworld track it would be much appreciated.

ok, i've fixed it in the 'lemon interupt'

listing on the first page..

thanx, i saw that too, but i wasn't sure which
one was the right spelling..

later
Old 05-03-2006, 09:58 AM
negative1

here's another update:

vanilla monkey (martinez hungry ghost remix) 5:46

this is a really cool song,
sometimes i think it doesn't sound like anything
else that underworld has made.
.very dark, and electro

later

Old 05-12-2006, 12:46 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

another update...

further to the arrival of the 8 Track Buick Project (productions & remixes) CD, which i paid hansomely for on ebay, and which features two mixes of Underworld - Vanilla Monkey, i have attached some details of these tracks below...

here's hoping they get official releases (listening to them now...mmm nice):

Underworld - Vanilla Monkey (Buicks Early Doors Remix) (JBO Records) CD - 9:52
Underworld - Vanilla Monkey (Buick Project Remix) (JBO Records) CD - 8:44

just a point of note - the Buick Project are Nic Fanciulli & Andy Chatterley

Last edited by big screen satellite; 05-12-2006 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:44 AM
negative1

thanks for the info matt..
ok 2 more to look for..

also i finally got the jose padilla ibizia vol 1:
with 'second hand' on it..

i don't really like the other tracks, but i guess
it fits in..

anyways, it turns out its a re-release from 2005,
so it's not that hard to find anymore, i was wondering
why there were so many copies out now (especially
sealed)..

so if anyones looking for it, it should be easy to find..

later