Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:21 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Autechre - Oversteps
I got the promo at work today. It's damn good. I quit on Ae after Incunabula but this is very atmospheric, ambient at times and not the grating idiotic distortion of their later work. You can tell your copy is real if the tags are properly capitalized. The fakes are all lowercase.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:35 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: Autechre - Oversteps
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
I got the promo at work today. It's damn good. I quit on Ae after Incunabula but this is very atmospheric, ambient at times and not the grating idiotic distortion of their later work. You can tell your copy is real if the tags are properly capitalized. The fakes are all lowercase.
Incunubula? damn. Surely Amber and Tri Repeatae(++) are worthy of attention. But I see your point. I'm mentally scarred by Draft 730. If this is another "lets push all the buttons at once and see what noise comes out" album then I'm really not interested.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Leon
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
Incunubula? damn. Surely Amber and Tri Repeatae(++) are worthy of attention. But I see your point. I'm mentally scarred by Draft 730. If this is another "lets push all the buttons at once and see what noise comes out" album then I'm really not interested.
You don't like Incunabula? Hmmm...
Old 01-26-2010, 12:01 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
You don't like Incunabula? Hmmm...
Didnt say that! I was saying that BLD gave up on Ae too soon. Incunubula is their first album. Amber and Tri Repeatae are the 2nd and 3rd and are pretty decent (Basscadet EP box is also good).
Old 01-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Leon
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
Didnt say that! I was saying that BLD gave up on Ae too soon. Incunubula is their first album. Amber and Tri Repeatae are the 2nd and 3rd and are pretty decent (Basscadet EP box is also good).
Ah yes I misread. I like those as well but Incunabula is by far my favorite, so I will definately check the new one out.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:02 AM
Jafs
Tells

I like this album. And finally they assume their influence of abstract hip hop in a more direct way.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:27 AM
Eikman
a life less extraordinary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
i thought my copy was real if it had a proper cover and i can actually hold it in my hands

not going to jump the wagon here...yet...too many fakes out there and i can't be bothered to check them out. a lot of people on twitter are apparently getting their kicks out of the fake one, too...

Last edited by Eikman; 01-27-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Yeah, the fake is a bit more beat oriented than the actual album. The more I hear it the more I like it. It's very ambient and relaxing.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:39 AM
thee carp dreamer
done up like a kipper

anything has to be better than that tripe they called quaristice. jesus.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:41 AM
purlieu
enofa

This sounds really interesting. The last three have had moments I've enjoyed but I've found them really hard work on the whole. If they've turned to a softer pallette then I may be in luck!