Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Techno_Bunny
born012

Re: Denver show now at the Fillmore Auditorium
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesw1a
This situation IS different.
Are we supposed to just sit quietly & do nothing?

You can't do this to people at the 11th hour ...
[COLOR=Indigo]
It's ok to express your opinion, positive or negative, but what people are doing in this thread, goes beyond that.

[/COLOR]
Old 09-09-2007, 12:04 PM
wesw1a
river

goes beyond that how? I don't want to bicker, but people are rightfully pissed off & they're complainung about it.
Where are you flying in from?

I agree, management, but promoters mostly, are more to blame than the band, HOWEVER. The buck does stop with them & their management.

Oakenfold should have NEVER been the opener - for a venue that large
or any other venue ...
Old 09-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Techno_Bunny
born012

[COLOR=Indigo]if you knew a bit about the band, you'ld know they're not in it for the money.
I don't know what was the cause for the change, and i am really sorry for those who looked forward to seeing them in such a wonderful venue, i would be in tears myself, but calling for emailbombs goes way beyond expressing disappointment.
[/COLOR]
Old 09-09-2007, 12:19 PM
wesw1a
river

I know quite a bit about the band. I met them. They played at my club, & I know how things work. The reason for the change is obvious. Otherwise, they would have said why.
I'm not expressing disappointment, We're expressing outrage ofv the way this disaster was handled from beginning to end.

ANYWAY
I'm a bit tired though of all this now, at this hour, I think it's pointless.
so I THINK i'm done here.
I'm going to go listen to some Underworld ...
What's done is done ... unless any of this helped them reconsider - miracles DO happen.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Techno_Bunny
born012

[COLOR=Indigo]i hope a miracle does happen for you, i'll keep my toes crossed [/COLOR]
Old 09-09-2007, 12:23 PM
foxlake
New left handed fox

To Underworld : Come back in France ! you are the welcome, you can fill our small concerts halls no problem !

More seriously, I am sorry for you the guys, and I hope that you will find a solution, but I don't think that Underworld is responsible. BUT, in that case, it' s unacceptable that live promoters, accustomed to this type of shows, do not anticipate the deficient sale of tickets and anticipate this type of disappointments.

it's not correct to spit so fast on underworld, without explanation of their part. especially when we know the respect for the fans from U.W.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:55 PM
chimp
***FROM UNDERWORLD HQ***

We are very sorry about the change of venue for the Denver show and even more sorry about how the news has been broken.
It's come as a surprise and bitter disappointment to us also - it's been a dream to play Red Rocks for many many years.

The bottom line is that ticket sales for the Red Rocks show have been poor and for weeks we've been assured that sales would pick-up and that the show would go on. At this point we're unclear as to why, but at the end of the day we were not presented with any choice. It is disappointing to say the least, and responsibility for an honest explanation falls to us - but all those who purchased tickets and in some cases are planning long journeys to make this show are due some sort of explanation.

Thank you for your words of support.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:00 PM
wesw1a
river

Well that's a start, thank you.
Ok then, how 'bout a three hour show !
Old 09-09-2007, 01:04 PM
gambit
magic city writer

I know this is going to sound stupid and rude, and really, I don't mean it to be like that, but did you guys promote this in the Denver area? For instance, my dad is an assistant manager for a big supermarket store in my town, and they've occasionally done special one day mega sales where things like cereal (among other items) are dirt cheap for one night only. And they've hardly done any promotion for it except for a couple radio ads. So no surprise when no one shows up.

I'm wondering what kind of promotion was done in the Denver area. Daft Punk filled up Red Rocks, which can be partially if not wholly attributed to their Coachella performance, and I know from a friend that other DJs fill it up too. The Global Dance Festival regularly fills it up every year, so it's not like there's a lack of interest in electronic music in the Denver area. I know it sounds like I'm being stupid and rude, but I am honestly curious.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:35 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
the band absolutely had a hand in the decision, the promoters absolutely didn't promote well enough and the whole entitiy that is underworld has let me PERSONALLY down. fuck off dubman.
you fuck off.
it's amazing how the tons of sympathy i've had for your situation is just flying out the window because you're yelling, cancelling, abandoning and cursing everything in sight before peep one from the underworld camp. you feel fucked so obviously it must have been a bait and switch underworld was privy to. never mind that they might be just as disappointed because no one bought tickets. never mind that tons of people who were setting this up were disappointed and saddened as well, it was your wedding week.
the warfield and fillmore here in SF arent the best either. it's got a small floor so it feels allright, but a lot of standing room is taken by fucking tables and the crowds have to be pushed from here to kingdom come to get moving, but the soundsystem is great and it's still underworld at the controls, so a complete cancellation/email bomb/blood vendetta because it's not a legendary venue is, at the end of the day, really petty.

i know i'm being a dick and crapping on people who already feel beat down about this, but how fucking badly are you missing the big picture if you launch into this because there isnt as much eye candy than you were looking forward to?