Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Badger
pants

Re: An updated Cocoon setlist please?
Oh, and Potato Broth HOW can you say that Cowgirl isn't a tune you can dance to???????????????!!!!!!!!

At Alexandra Palace NYE 1998 during Cowgirl i was dancing so hard i fell over 3 times!

Old 10-16-2006, 03:21 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger
Thanks so far for this. Can't wait till Yannick posts the proper setlist though.

I didn't realise that they were playing other tracks inbetween their tunes...not sure if i like that idea or not but loved the Underworld stuff and yes Track 12 in Part 1 was amazing really wanna know what that was (even if it wasn't Underworld).

Just out of interest, I've seen the Sven Vath Part 1 tracks listed on a couple of sites but haven't actually heard it on any of the sources, so how did the tracklist appear for it?
vath's opening set was recorded.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:26 PM
bristol
river

A while ago, when the first three RiverRun projects came out, someone posted individual tracklistings with times that could be pasted into a text file and then used in an editing program to spit out cut up mp3s with the track names, at the appropriate times, etc.

One, does anyone have a detailed set list like that for Cocoon, and two, what was that program? (I hope I'm not imagining all of this.)
Old 10-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Icke
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth
and songs like cowgirl and jumbo arent exactly dancing songs now are they?
You should have seen me dance like crazy to cowgirl .

About the crowdedness and the ability to dance; Even if they sold 200 fewer tickets, the situation near the front would not be any different, since everybody wants to be near the front. Therefore, I think that it's very hard to be near the front and dance, regardless of the capacity and the number people inside.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:30 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bristol
A while ago, when the first three RiverRun projects came out, someone posted individual tracklistings with times that could be pasted into a text file and then used in an editing program to spit out cut up mp3s with the track names, at the appropriate times, etc.

One, does anyone have a detailed set list like that for Cocoon, and two, what was that program? (I hope I'm not imagining all of this.)
you're looking for a .cue file and it hasn't been compiled yet. if you'd like to have a go, by all means...

do a forum search for the RRP titles and you should come up with the post you're looking for.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:36 PM
bristol
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub
you're looking for a .cue file and it hasn't been compiled yet. if you'd like to have a go, by all means...

do a forum search for the RRP titles and you should come up with the post you're looking for.
Okay, so I found the threads I needed, but does anyone know of a good Mac equivalent to Foobar2000? And I'll definitely work on compiling a .cue file if I can get a program to start chopping.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:21 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth
lol. just about every US show UW has done, has been pretty packed and rather hard to find room to dance to. in the US, UW plays venues rather than clubs and those places are just not right for dancing. and songs like cowgirl and jumbo arent exactly dancing songs now are they? but my point was that the music of this past show was much more dancable and faster maybe?
eff that, i *make* room

i guess i'm not too much of a jerk about it though because when i lost my hat, someone was nice enough to find it and pass it back forward to me

i didnt notice, but 'ey.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:17 PM
TomTom
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger
Thanks so far for this. Can't wait till Yannick posts the proper setlist though.

I didn't realise that they were playing other tracks inbetween their tunes...not sure if i like that idea or not but loved the Underworld stuff and yes Track 12 in Part 1 was amazing really wanna know what that was (even if it wasn't Underworld).

Just out of interest, I've seen the Sven Vath Part 1 tracks listed on a couple of sites but haven't actually heard it on any of the sources, so how did the tracklist appear for it?
The whole gig is available on the Internet (~ 4 hour recording of the audio part in crystal clear 160k) so that's why people started to put a tracklist together. I thought Underworld geeks knew this first.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:10 AM
Jan
vision

hmm... I have a cuesheet here i made for my own .wav recording (which is, now, completely glitch-free after some edititing )
I could do one for the 160k version.
uw#0523
Old 10-17-2006, 01:30 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman
eff that, i *make* room
Yeah - fine if you are a big strapping fella! I may not be weak and feeble by any stretch of the imagination, but I still ended up being head-butted by some drunken German so hard on the back of my head that I have a whiplash injury now.

Still.

Wouldn't have changed a MINUTE of that gig for the world, random drunk-inflicted injuries or not