Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 01:35 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: crocodire....
Just my two cents, but i'm really thankful for the RiverRun releases and Breaking and Entering soundtrack in between the last proper studio album A Hundred Days Off, and the new LP, Oblivion With Bells. They showcased a more complex and atmospheric side to Underworld that makes "Crocodile" seem like a natural evolution of their sound, whereas if i hadn't heard those intermediate bits, it might have seemed a rather stark and somewhat downtempo step from the dare-i-say "cold" dance sound of AHDO.

That said, "Crocodile" is a-o-k in my book! i;m just glad album bits are appearing slowly...making me very excited to hear the full finished product.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:09 AM
tinyman
mouseman

oh yes, i'm deeply concerned. i thought the riverrun downloads were rad, the newer tunes on the underworldlive was getting me excited... then crocodile. blah! does nothing for me. feels like it's been building up and up and just as we get to the climax with the album, the band's fumbling it. oh no!
Old 09-07-2007, 07:04 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

having personally heard some of the new stuff... i have a feeling that some people round these parts are gonna be a little negative towards the entire album.... but we'll see

lets just put it this way, Underworld have moved on from Born Slippy, King of Snake and Two Months Off...

but its a good move in my opinion, in today's musical climate... but some people probably won't like it...

i'm not sure i'm that two 50 year olds making banging club tunes is the done thing these days anyway, so lets hope the people who now do dance music, mix up the tracks, like they have done with Crocodile, and let Rick and Karl make the orginal versions in their own form...

i suggest everyone read's Scotts overview of the album in the announcements section - you can't categorise Underworld anymore, they make their own sound

"what type of music is this?"
"its Underworld"
(like it or not!)

Last edited by big screen satellite; 09-07-2007 at 07:54 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:24 AM
testudo
JunkiesCriminalsFugitives

Location: The international territory and the mighty infamous
Quote:
Originally Posted by big screen satellite

"what type of music is this?"
"its Underworld"
(like it or not!)
Nope, I think i'll be saying a 'Groove version of the later 'Talk Talk' stuff for 2007.'
Old 09-07-2007, 08:33 AM
foxlake
New left handed fox

For those who have fears on this album..There is only one question : " How much times underworld disappoints you? "....never (or almost). =)
Old 09-07-2007, 09:39 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxlake
For those who have fears on this album..There is only one question : " How much times underworld disappoints you? "....never (or almost). =)
I like crocodile and i've liked just about every release the boys have put out. but as for the RR series, I hardly ever listen to them. I've listened to my copies of Dubno, STITI and BF til the disc was damn near worn through but the RR series doesn't captivate me like those albums. AHDO gets the least playtime for me but I still like it. I suspect I'll like OWB but to what degree is yet to be seen. If its like the RR series then I'll probably be back on the old faves.

I've never been let down by UW though
Old 09-07-2007, 11:34 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth
I've listened to my copies of Dubno, STITI and BF til the disc was damn near worn through but the RR series doesn't captivate me like those albums.
Well, I wore out my Pizza for Eggs and had to buy a new one.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:19 PM
tinyman
mouseman

the Phonestrap off the underworldlive site is still keeping my hopes up about the new album though. they sound pretty good.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:51 AM
thee carp dreamer
done up like a kipper

dubno > stiti > beaucoup fish > ahdo > crocodile

it just sounds dated as fuck. and i liked jal to tokyo.....
Old 09-09-2007, 09:48 AM
wesw1a
river

Run out of ideas?
Opinions are one thing, but their obviously not out of ideas.
My opinion - Crocodile is brilliant & beautiful .... just like the Underworld of the past.