Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2010, 06:39 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: TONIGHT... Scribble - New Single
Lately what i'm loving most about this track are the layered vocals. Such a joyful melody with several Karls singing in harmony!
Old 05-21-2010, 06:59 AM
scary man
Sci-Fi Jesus

The full version is brilliant. It sounds like what it is. An Underworld song, made by Underworld in collaboration with High Contrast. It's a big summer anthem.

When can I buy the fucking thing!?
Old 05-21-2010, 07:55 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

June 21
Old 05-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Dirty Canuck
American Style..Haunts Me

The full version is in full effect. The build is killer, the breakdown even more so. The radio edit does not do this song justice at all. It's nice to see Juanita back properly as well.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:07 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
June 21
Oops, I misread the announcement, I had thought that the full version would be available for purchase after Tong's show :S

Guess all I can do is wait...kudos UW on a great single
Old 05-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
June 21
Where did that come from?
Old 05-21-2010, 01:48 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty0900 View Post
Where did that come from?

All over.

http://www.nme.com/news/underworld/51085

http://rcrdlbl.com/artists/Underworl...ble_Radio_Edit

http://electronicablips.dailyradar.c...le-radio-edit/

etc.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:15 PM
//\/\/
slogging it out

you forget www,undwerworldlive.com/scribble/releasedate/youdontexpecttofindthatsortofthinglistedheredoyou/:rolleyes
Old 05-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Future Proof
Richard Simmons

Just felt like chiming in here -- the single isn't bad, I've been desperately digging to find the full length (...and this would be your que to PM me, if you have it in any way shape or form) but I think they did a wonderful job with this song.

First things first, the original ideas of YDS from the live show, sorry to say, were a bit short of the mark. For one, the staccato synths, gorgeous at first, ended up becoming a bit tedious and repetitive. And for two, I hadn't heard a single live performance with Karl in it where I thought to myself, "WOW did he add something to this track!" In this revision though he adds only what the song needs, just something simple and this is refreshing, especially since I can think of more than a couple of UW songs where they were going in the right direction until KH got in the mix and started on with his cerebral word associative. Also as Holden noted, the vocal layering is brilliant. In short, this song needed Karl to just be a singer, and Karl delivered.

Second, this melody is gorgeous. There is so much hope and joy in this track which is such a stark contrast from almost everything they've worked on since 2001, with the wonderfully optimistic, lovey-dovey Two Months Off. I'm not saying that dark, gloomy and melancholy isn't acceptable, I'm only saying that this is refreshing.

Third, god forbid that Underworld create a song that sounds poppy. But I would be careful not to make that judgement too early, because those opinions are being generated off of a radio single. If the full length is just as accessible to people that aren't hardcore fans then so be it -- in my personal opinion, they have just made a song then that is emotive, moving and wide-reaching. Which is fine.

Fourth, so maybe the beat isn't the most unique thing that's ever came from Lemonworld. Then again though, I think it's a bit presumptuous to think that UW can re-invent the wheel every time they sit down and work, or to think that they actually are trying to do that.

The best thing about this track is simply that it made me happy, it made me want to dance and it made me believe that after 30 years of working together, Underworld still have something to offer. You want to know what the biggest disappointment was for me -- buying OWB and realizing that I'm listening to a dance act that doesn't make me want to dance anymore. I wrote them off then... but now I want back in. I can't wait for the new album!

Sorry for the TLDR!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:23 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

The beat sounds like it was made more generic with the input of High Contrast. I assume they wanted it to be the same simple beat that 99% of DnB is using now so dimwitted DnB dj's will pick it up and play it. I'm convinced the remix by Netsky is going to crush the original. Netsky's album crushes anything High Contrast has done, so it's possible.