Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2011, 02:16 PM
pandamagic
river

Re: Underworld "The Anthology 1992-2012" and "A Collection": Release Dec. 4, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.g. View Post
Finally I have to agree... between 5:16 to 5:17 a bit of the 1st word missing...
the fade-out is also quite sloppy and abrupt, something that could have been fixed with even the most rudimentary software. it's an odd choice for the anthology for sure. why not include something like "jamscraper" instead? or "burts?" or the long version of "rowla?" it's not like there's any shortage of underworld rarities - there's no need to resort to unfinished demos with questionable lyrics to fill out a compilation.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:33 PM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

Re: Underworld "The Anthology 1992-2012" and "A Collection": Release Dec. 4, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Nope. It's listed as such on the Amazon CD listings though.
It's interesting - Amazon (US) has the mp3 download at the 6:57 album version. There are no time listings for the CD, however, Amazon (UK) and Amazon (JP) have the tracklisting for the CD with Jumbo 9:14.

iTunes also has Jumbo 9:12 listed for download.

Right now I'm streaming the Anthology from Rdio and they have the 6:57 version of Jumbo. They have the 2 disc available to stream. I just checked Spotify (US) and they only have the 1 disc available for stream of the Anthology - they also are streaming the 6:57 version of Jumbo. They have the Collection available to stream, whereas Rdio does not.

It's pretty safe to say the 9:12 version will be featured on the physical release. I've pre-ordered mine from Amazon - couldn't beat the deal - both 3 disc Anthology and Collection CD for under $25 US Shipped. Noice!
Old 12-09-2011, 05:58 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

I bought the 3-disc set thru Amazon and got a 6:58 version of Jumbo.

/facepalm

I'm so sick of this "buy it from here for this" bullshit with music. Its beyond ridiculous that I now have to go to iTunes and buy this as a single track after just having purchased the album.

While I'm at it, not liking the odd spoken-demo track of Big Meat Show. How does that version make it onto the compilation? Who wants to hear "I'm not tracking this" in the middle of a song? I'm sticking with the demo from the Dubno rip we all have.

Underwhelming release.

Last edited by potatobroth; 12-09-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:49 AM
negative1

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
I bought the 3-disc set thru Amazon and got a 6:58 version of Jumbo.

/facepalm

I'm so sick of this "buy it from here for this" bullsh*t with music. Its beyond ridiculous that I now have to go to iTunes and buy this as a single track after just having purchased the album.
dude,
sorry to hear.
we did mention it twice:
-----
http://www.borndirty.org/forums/show...2&postcount=80
http://www.borndirty.org/forums/show...3&postcount=85

hit one of us up,
we'll sort it out.

or keep your search eyes open...*ahem*

later
Old 12-09-2011, 02:54 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

I just ran through "A Collection" and the biggest thing on there is Beebop Hurry in much better form than on Athens. First, the beginning is truly not mixed (i.e. this wasn't just taken from Athens). And the ending is properly there too, instead of being cut off as on Athens, which must have been a mistake.

The only other previously unavailable material is the 2011 Edits. They are true edits, not just fade-outs. But nothing special there. They just lose various sections to make it shorter overall. Skyscraper loses the whole "Can U Feel Me?" section from the end, and then some bits in the middle.

The only other track that is changed is the King of Snake (Straight [Mate] Mix) which has a weird fade added to the end that isn't present on the single version.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:35 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Ordered Anthology cd set from Amazon before reading the newsletter email from Underworldlive that stated if you ordered the cd from them that you get a download code to listen before the physical copy is mailed out.

No big deal I guess, but wish that I could listen to rest of disc three now if nothing else (used my Amazon "bonus mp3 download" promotion from buying a qualified music product to snag the slightly fucked up Big Meat Show with the "TRANCING TRANCING" shit).
Old 12-10-2011, 01:32 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Is that Karl playing the bass guitar groove in 'The Hump' that starts at 4:12 and the different guitar rhythm parts in "Minniapolis"? Or are they loops from some other sources? I can't recall if this was already discussed or not. They sound like Karl's style...real funky.

Jason.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:01 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
maybe there aren't that many rarities and outtakes from the other time periods.
Maybe not in forms ready for release, but there have got to be demos and bits. Some of these were intersong jams on tour (a bunch from AHDO, iirc)... But off the top of my head, i wouldn't mind

"Five Points" (~1998)
"Cappe Ffuno" (BF)
"Bamboo" (post OWB)
a number of "in development" tracks that we'd heard on radio shows but never again..

Last edited by holden; 12-11-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:18 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Maybe not in forms ready for release, but there have got to be demos and bits. Some of these were intersong jams on tour (a bunch from AHDO, iirc)... But off the top of my head, i wouldn't mind

"Five Points" (~1998)
"Cappe Ffuno" (BF)
"Bamboo" (post OWB)
a number of "in development" tracks that we'd heard on radio shows but never again..
...and they could've used those tracks given out for free (but in LOW bitrates) from UW Live

but my point was - there were even released b-sides and whatnot from the other periods - I just found it interesting that they didn't include anything from STITI, BF, AHDO, OWB

...and someone mentioned that "Simple Peal" was different - but I don't really notice any differences (between the "Anthology" "Barking" "Underworldlive.com" and "Beautiful Burnout ArtJam - The Art of Underworld" releases
Old 12-12-2011, 12:21 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Underworld "1992-2012 The Anthology " and "A Collection": Release Dec. 4, 2011
thanks -1. I just iTunesed the longer version of Jumbo. I just meant I'm sick (all bands, not just UW) of the multiple releases and versions. Although UW releases do seem to have quite a bit of this going on.