Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2016, 05:43 AM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped

Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Re: 2016-17-03 Columbiahalle - Berlin, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrain View Post
Holy shit! They played this on one of the radio broadcasts (circa 2009 I believe?). Really really hope this shows up in Pomona next month!
Ah, perhaps that's why it sounded vaguely familiar. Then again, I'm bad at track-spotting so it may have been a different track, not Minneapolis.

The boys were on stage for about 2:10 hours, from a few minutes to nine until 11:07. No encore (11 pm curfew?).

Eight Ball was special. One of my favourites, that "happy" finish is always so uplifting. Karl was all smiles. On the whole, he played with the audience more than on the Dubno tour I think.

I don't have the new album yet, so was excited how the tracks would work. I Exhale went quite well. I liked Nylon Strung best in this set.

Juanita was a big success. I had been late for the last Columbiahalle gig in 2008, and entered during Juanita. Good to be on time this time.

Push Upstairs, KoS, Rowla, Rez, Cowgirl and of course Born Slippy were intense. No-into, no-nonsense versions. Full-on energy.

A strong club-gig performance throughout. The crowd was good as well, partying hard on the classics, open towards the new tracks (more open than myself, I have to admit). I was about five meters from the front, hardly any rowdies there.

Only downside of the evening: Those two Currywürste before the show prevented me from feeling any of the gin + tonic.