Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Re: Arizona - WTF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangelet View Post
agreed. By the same people who brought you paranoid fear that FEMA was in the late stages of Operation Obama Gulag comes "THE MIGHTY RULE OF LAW!!!!" Hypocrisy so unabashed these guys might as well forgo taking off their latex gogo boots and bondage collars before going to sunday church.
I loved Roland Martin's take on it a few days ago:

COOPER: Roland, let me just play devil’s advocate here. What’s wrong with the State of Arizona saying you know what, a presidential candidate should produce a birth certificate and we have the right to demand that?

ROLAND MARTIN: Because they’re stupid! They’re stupid! Ok, these are the same people Anderson, who always talk about state’s rights. So basically what they’re saying is to the State of Hawaii, “We don’t trust you.”

And so I would turn it on this head, how would state officials in Arizona feel if another state rejected their birth certificates? See it’s not just so simple as well, just present a birth certificate.

And the Daily Show a few days ago skewered Arizona as "the meth lab of Democracy" in their opening segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chems1919 View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100428/ts_csm/297622

California is going to try to boycott any business they do with Arizona. Hopefully more states will do the same.
Good to see! Thanks for the link! I know I won't be going to visit Arizona until they kill these stupid bills.

Last edited by Sean; 04-29-2010 at 03:06 PM.