Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2009, 01:41 PM
cured
sikk

Palin resigns as governor of Alaska
Her 2012 hopes are all but finished. She couldn't complete one term as Alaska's governor.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:17 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

Re: Palin resigns as governor of Alaska
that's not exactly why she resigned... she's got some strange idea in mind that she believes will help her in 2012, but i can't help but feel this adds to her completely inept public image.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Text of the soon-to-be-ex-Governor's speech:

http://www.gov.state.ak.us/exec-column.php

Quote: 'Nah, only dead fish "go with the flow"'.

Lots of CAPS for emphasis in her text, also. It shouldn't be considered a good trait to quit your current job, if you wish to run for president.

Jason
Old 07-03-2009, 06:00 PM
cacophony
disquietude

i can't decide whether i'm excited or afraid to see the first national public opinion poll of her as a presidential candidate, following this announcement.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:05 PM
cacophony
disquietude

also if the GOP goes for this i will laugh and laugh and laugh. it reeks of an ill-informed marketing ploy. like "voters went with a moderate level of inexperience last time, surely they'll go for devastatingly minimal experience this time!"

it's like the deodorant i saw at the store this evening. it was regular old secret solid but the cap now has a sticker on it that says, "for life's OMG moments." like a bunch of marketing people got in a room and said, "what is it all the kids are saying these days? OMG? okay let's put it on our tube of pitwax and teens will surely buy it!"

and those same people went to work for the GOP and came up with the bombshell idea to have palin quit her first and only term holding any office of significant decision making.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:31 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophony View Post
OMG?

I think it stands for Olympic Miracle Gonads. Although, I did see an experimental film titled "Olivia Meats George" too.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:42 PM
cacophony
disquietude

just read the transcript. this is as far as i got:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2yl6a92.jpg
Old 07-03-2009, 09:16 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophony View Post
it's like the deodorant i saw at the store this evening. it was regular old secret solid but the cap now has a sticker on it that says, "for life's OMG moments." like a bunch of marketing people got in a room and said, "what is it all the kids are saying these days? OMG? okay let's put it on our tube of pitwax and teens will surely buy it!"
hahahahaha...
Old 07-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Future Proof
Richard Simmons

http://www.examiner.com/x-4107-Gay--Lesbian-Issues-Examiner~y2009m7d3-Sarah-Palin-said-to-be-facing-federal-indictment-for-embezzlement?cid=exrss-Gay--Lesbian-Issues-Examiner

Loose sources at the moment, but intriguing. Perhaps this is what she meant when she said that she wanted to help America -- if she lands in a federal prison then she'll be in capivity with Americans hailing from many states...
Old 07-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Wow. Just read the text. She really fancies herself a martyr in doing this! And she oughtta look into getting a new speech writer. Whoever wrote this appears to still be working on their G.E.D.

I was glad to see that even some Republican strategists pegged this move for what it is. According to Ed Rollins, this makes her look "terribly inept." Although at the same time, Mary Matalin called the choice "really brilliant."

Oh well. We'll see how it all plays out, but hopefully, it's just another nail in her political coffin when all's said and done.