Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2024, 05:40 PM
Zapidom
duballbass

live @ reeperbahn 1998-11-02 info
hey!
i came here seeking more information on the live @ reeperbahn 1998-11-02 show (specifically the recordings)

i've had it in my collection for a long time, as a low quality recording sourced from mixcloud(?)
i recently found it again and went searching for a higher quality version. i found the rtsr torrent with the 2 sources and ended up doing a mix down of both with gaps and fades cut out

to me, they sound like they're sourced from minidisc recordings, but more specifically it's obviously clear that they're from an FM broadcast of some kind. what i find strange is that the second source sounds closer to the physical speakers in the room than the first source, despite the fact that as far as i can tell they're a recording of the exact same broadcast.

does anyone have more information on these? no idea on the lineage but would love to know if i can find anything in a higher quality than 128k / 160k mp3 (although that part isn't really that important, i can live with it, just hungry for more information here).