Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 10:36 AM
monkeyboy
punk

Audio Bullys - Generation
After hearing Ego War along time ago I couldn't wait for this album to come out.
Then they released that godawfull cover of Nancy Sinatra...and i thought "fuck this record its going to be crap anyway".

Altough i gave it a change a couple of days ago and my opinion hasn't changed.
It's sounds like they completed this record in a week and got some lyrics from a Celine Dion song.

Unfinished beats and weak lyrics.

What are your thoughts?
Old 10-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Leon
bungalow

Re: Audio Bullys - Generation
Well when I first heard the Nancy Sinatra cover I thought "WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY THINKING!?", I mean, apart from the singing, it's a (rather cool) beat with a STUPID melody that goes like "te te te-te". WTF?!

Then I saw them at this years Lowlands festival and yes, I did dance my ass off as the beats were fat, but the performance was VERY weak. They played some new stuff with REALLY awfull love song lyrics. Indeed, looks like Celine Dion did the songwriting for the album.
However, there was ONE new track they played which was real slow but had a REAL phat beat. I really want to hear that one again.

Their attitude on stage and their weak new stuff definately turned me OFF big time. I mean, the vocalist didn't even TRY to put up a show. he didn't even TRY to try to put up a show. He just stood there, nodding his head, singing random lyrics, tapping his foot on the beat, and saying that we're such a great crowd, oh and he meant it
I actually feel ashamed of how I danced my ass off there, next time I'll stick my middle finger up to him.

I'll always love Ego War though.

Last edited by Leon; 10-04-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:10 PM
ffolkes
Rufus Excalibur

Re: Audio Bullys - Generation
Haven't heard this one yet, though it seems bad already.

Ego War had some ok moments, but there were plenty of embarrassing ones as well. The singer's rhyming skillz aren't exactly the sharpest imo.