Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

Disgusting! IMRO Attack Irish Music Blogs
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010...s-under-attack

Wondering what peoples opinions are on this .. this could spell the end for amature music blogging in Ireland and others across the world who want to promote irish music..

Even the record companies who own the music are being asked to pay the royalty fee to provide downloads of music on their site. This is only one part of the problem - amature bloggers (like myself) who simply want to promote artists and have been provided with permission from the artists themselves will be asked to pay up to 300e or a lower fee of 150e a year to have the right to provide links to downloads or streams...

... this is going to kill any momentum in irish music online... What are they thinking!?

Fucking rediculous... now I just have to hope they dont find something wrong with my site..
Old 05-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Caprice
pants

Re: Disgusting! IMRO Attack Irish Music Blogs
it is disgusting. the whole system is absurd. people against people on art, its ridiculous.
this is still a hot topic on my agenda stateside. all these artists around me hoping to get signed to a label while i make my music spitting on any idea to sign to a label. Independent Music is about to become vigilant.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Re: Disgusting! IMRO Attack Irish Music Blogs
I made a blog post on this at my website www.intheblackbox.eu.. .. im not happy at all but i guess we will ahve to wait and see how things go.

Yea the more i think of it the less i want to be associated with organisations like this. Essentially you can forget about signing your rights away to a record company, nowadays you sign all your musical rights away to Regulators like IMRO - it says in the contract once you become a member that you no longer have the right to distribute your own music in the public domain without paying up the price of the royalties... even if it is your own they have all the power.

Im going it alone i think.. forget IMRO...