Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > static.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2014, 12:39 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

This week, oh man, this week.
Please excuse my use of this post as a personal blog for a moment, but I want to put this down somewhere, and there's a couple sentiments y'all are uniquely keyed in to hear.

This week has just been... depleting. Amongst fielding questions across the internet and organizing volunteers for a longboard event I help put on, life has seen fit to stack pile on top of pile of emotional upheaval on me.

Between clashes with my best friend and attempts following to address deep issues between us, and similarly deeply heavy attempts with my partner, who means just Everything; Everything to me, our dog-kitten Birmingham (our Birmingham!) got incredibly sick. This most wonderful ball of piss and vinegar has been with us for 6 months and in that time has completely taken us off our feet. After not taking food or drink for 3 days (little dickbag had eaten a slice of pizza off the counter and we thought he just needed rest and time to work through it) we gave an emergency vet a call who told us that when cats don't take nutrients for that long their liver is likely to start shutting down, and 8-12 hours could make a difference. Mid-heavy conversation with aforementioned best friend, my partner comes in to ask help in getting kitten to the vet post-haste. A swift, foggy midnight drive later and the vet is accepting him for x-rays and blood work with results looking (thankfully) generally positive.

After all is said and done last night, we were left with JUST enough money between the two of us to pay our forthcoming bills. We've been watching every penny for MONTHS in attempts to save up for a car before our local bus system cuts some 80% of service in June and suddenly we're back to square one.

We heard this morning that Birmingham is fine, and after some meds and nutrients via IV, he started scarfing everything in sight. I'm so relieved he's okay, but simultaneously so wiped and daunted by the challenge ahead, both with work still to be done with my friend and with my partner (and home of all the good vibes), as well as the many hours of additional work now needed to maintain basic mobility capabilities. Through all this I'm just trying to remain thankful that those around me are such high quality human beings (and kitten!) and that I've got such wonderful music to keep me company along the ride.

Thanks for reading, those of you who do.