View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 10:27 PM
unwound floors
power before passion.

Re: Introduce Yourselves
Hi all,

I'm Miki. Eighteen, female, Japanese-Australian, dwelling in the wonderful city of Melbourne. Unlike many of you, I only got into Underworld a few months ago, despite being an electronic music fan since the age of fifteen! Woke up in a friend's bed after a drunken night out as he was playing 'Dirty Epic', was intrigued, fell asleep again, went home and Googled "I get my kicks on channel six", fell in love from there. Despite the short amount of time I've been aware of them, I'm still willing to put them up there in my favourite bands (along with artists like Massive Attack, DJ Shadow, Portishead, Tricky, UNKLE, etc). I've found that there ain't nothing better than a long train trip home in the dead of night with Hyde and Smith's grooves to keep you company. As someone who considers herself a writer I am particularly intrigued by Hyde's lyrics - fragmented, poetic, beautiful even in their darkest moments. Favourite songs? 'Dirty Epic', 'Stagger', 'Dark Train', 'Banstyle/Sappys Curry', 'Moaner' and of course, 'Born Slippy.Nuxx'. Desperately hanging out for the opportunity to hear some of these live in Melbourne, one day!

I start uni next year. In the meantime I'm working and enjoying hobbies such as photography (my Canonet QL17 is my best friend), writing poetry and short stories, reading, painting, chainsmoking, listening to music, going out with good people, and getting lost in the suburbs and city of Melbourne.

You may be hearing more from me, soon, as Iconastasia on DirtyRadio - currently in the process of chucking together a demo show for them. Pleasure meeting you all - I look forward to indulging this newfound obsession with everybody here!

(PS: I may or may not have a teeny-tiny crush on Karl Hyde.)

Last edited by unwound floors; 12-17-2009 at 10:33 PM.