View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 04:18 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

Re: Has anyone ever seen DJ Shadow live?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
I saw him as a part of the Quannum Spectrum... oh wait - I think it was called Soulsides -> I forget which name came first (it was all the same people)

so it wasn't a proper Shadow show... he was with like 4 other dj's, but he did have one of the first prototype versions of a "dvd turntable" which ...was "neat" but not much more than that

anyways - I'm off topic...

He's definitely worth catching. Even if it's without vocalists - like on the Private Press Live album/dj. He uses multiple turntables, samplers, computers, cd's etc etc etc and reconstructs his tracks

Apparently, he did just recently tour the EU, and played out a few new songs that he's still working on.
i saw the same solesides tour probably around 2000 if memory serves me correctly. dhadow, cut chemist, chief excel djing along with gift of gab, lyrics born etc on the mic. fantastic gig, infact probably the only hip hop gig i've been to which lived up to the standard they'd put out on wax
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.