View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 11:32 AM
khouri
khondo dweller

Re: Soniamode (Aditya Game Version)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpig View Post
The photo for this article gives the clearest shot I've seen of how the new desk is configured. It seems that each laptop and each half of the desk has a different track loaded up. Based on the article content I'd wager it is rez/cowgirl loaded up in the photo. I'm not at all familiar with live controllers and the like, so I can't pick out the pieces of kit, perhaps some others around here can shed some light on the gadgets and their likely uses?
I'm amateurishly familiar with more and more gear but I can't identify what those two modules are on either side of the desk. They appear to have some hand-written notes laid across the bottom of each, likely an evolution of the cheat sheets Rick used to lay across the full-size mixing console of yore. So I would guess they're some kind of Ableton Live interface.But if those modules are serving to trigger and/or control stems in the visible Ableton Live sessions on the laptops, then I'm not sure what the mixing desk is doing besides volume and possibly EQ.

However, we can't see what's on the screens of the mixing desk so there may be a plethora of other parameters Rick is controlling.