View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 06:36 AM
chrislaw
river

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Wow. I just wanna thank everyone on here, I was fully giving myself a headache trying to work out firstly whether there were extra tracks on the "album" (?!) version - there were, and whether they pulled a Kanye and fiddled with any of the tracks to create updated versions - they did (although I realise, Underworld were actually the pioneers in that regard)

Then I thought - Go to BornDirty! Of course those guys will help you sort it out. So I read all 32 pages (completist) and I think I've... ahem... CAUGHT underworld's D_R_I_F_T (series 1)

As for the material itself, wow I have been really enjoying Underworld again since Barbara Barbara. Not to say I didn't like Barking or that period - I love that they went a bit more mainstream back then because that's when I could afford to go to festivals and hearing Scribble out with my friends was always a 1000x rush

The only 'problem' is, I love this 2016+ and Riverrun eras way way more. (and the radio shows - thanks Mr Bang) ... I'm gonna say it. The D_R_I_F_T period is feeling like RiverrunĀ³ (yes, cubed). Slightly different, more extroverted, bright vibe, but a similar style and disdain for convention. I'm still processing Barbara, Barbara... let's just say my Underworld tank has been resized, and topped up.