View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 05:53 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Re: is there anyone else who is pro-life AND pro-gay rights, or is it just me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasmo View Post
And thank you for the non-sarcastic, totally genuine response. To clarify my stance; I just recently got married. In a church. Belonging to a protestant religion so close to Catholicism, we may as well take advice from the Pope. I myself am a religious person, and I take my wedding vows as the sacred promises they are. However, like cacophony, I'm able to divorce my particular situation from the reality of what I see, and what I see is a society that thinks marriage is some kind of neat thing to do, and discard, on a whim. I see a society that bases their opinion of gay marriage on fear and bigotry rather than evidence and logic. I see a religious community stirred up by attention-seeking politicians and paranoid fundamentalists that are totally missing the point. Hypocritically so.
Yeah, there's a point to be made here, and you had me right up until you said something implying that the same anti-gay marriage people were beating their wives and children; afaik that'll land you in jail. I don't really know much about the gay marriage argument, and honestly don't really care; I think it's pretty much inevitable that it'll pass, probably sooner rather than later. I don't think 'society' bases their opinions on fear and bigotry; honestly I have yet to meet someone who argues against it on anything but logical grounds.