View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 04:08 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Re: Second Toughest In The Infants Deluxe/Super Deluxe 2015
The track listing looks great (even if the orange box is a bit odd), but like other people here, I wish there was even more audio, going down from 5 discs in the Dubno box to 4 is a bit of a disappointment. I agree that adding a live set from this era would have been even better, as they were really stunning live at the time. I don't mind it not being a completist set with all the 7" edits, b-sides and slight variations but Carp Dreams Koi, Telematic, the long Rowla and the edit of Juanita would have been nice to have on CD as they are all pretty hard to get hold of.

The amount of experimentation and layering up of different parts together on stage they were doing at the time was phenomenal - there was an amazing gig at (I think) the Kentish town forum around the time STITI was released here they played 2 sets, one more experimental/DnB (mostly from STITI) and the other more traditional (mostly from Dubno) - even just the first half of this gig would have made a great expansion to the box...

Actually, come to think of it, you know what would have made a great CD5/6 for this? Bootleg Babies or 'European Club gig' but remastered from proper recordings.

Let's hope there's a 'saved from the cutting room floor' from this one too!