View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 08:40 AM
negative1

Re: Underworld webchat with The Guardian
Quote:
Was the baseline from King Of Snake influenced by Donna Summer's 'I Feel Love'. I can't listen to either song without thinking of the other.

KarlHydeUnderworld matkin74 4h ago

No it wasn't, but we still paid.

Quote:
Jake Norrish 22h ago

Which of the remixes you've done for other artists are your favourites and which remixes others have done of your work do you admire?

KarlHydeUnderworld Jake Norrish 3h ago

That's a tough one for me as I had little or nothing to do with our remixes. What I do remember was feeling incredibly jealous that Rick and Darren would give away these extraordinary compositions to artists like Simply Red, Bjork and more latterly Depeche Mode, as I would have liked to have sung on them myself, but they were always inspiring. They reminded me not to be so precious - if we wanted to have any career at all, we had to write something better. Prior to that I was precious about everything we wrote - that it had to be for us, we ran a very closed shop, to our detriment, and it wasn't until Rick and Darren started remixing and I started my career as a session guitarist with other bands did I realise the benefit of opening the doors and sharing what we had. The free exchange of information, plus the collaborations that have sprung from that time, have been a joy and a benefit to us, as well as all the contact we have with other artists, and the dialogue with people like Brian Eno, Gabriel Yared, Yannis from Foals... life has changed since Rick started remixing other artists.

With regard remixes of our material, my memory doesn't serve me well.

Last edited by negative1; 05-11-2016 at 08:42 AM.