View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 02:08 PM
janaka
river

Re: Roll call: Festival hall gig. Post here if youre going / need a ticket
Going.

I went to see Jon Hopkins at the RFH last week (and met Karl there before the gig). What I can tell you is that they tried early on to police standing/dancing but once the beats reached a certain pitch there was just no point as the whole place was on it's feet and we were all fine jumping about the place. Quite a few people just made their way down the front and were dancing in the aisles. I don't think the staff are quite used to dance music crowds.

The sound system is superb. The staff are lovely. You can get served at the bar nice and easy.

It's gonna be AMAZING.

FWIW I got 8 tickets. I suppose there'll be loads of you screaming about that but I figured it would sell out quick so I joined the RFH as a dual member so me and a mate got 4 each in the member's pre-sale. I clearly wasn't the only one with this idea as it took 45 mins to get through online and on the phone, and I'm sat (sorry, dancing) somewhere in the middle tier. All but one ticket is taken. If it hasn't got a home by Oct 10 I'll post on here (face value of course).

Last edited by janaka; 09-24-2014 at 02:11 PM.