Thread: Youtube Videos
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 12:40 PM
iamneorev
pants

Re: Youtube Videos
Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu View Post
It must have been a difficult decision knowing what to include - the Dubnobass box would have required at least one extra disc to include all the remaining b-sides - although I agree that Carp Dreams and Telematic are notable losses. The appearance of Dark & Long (Hall's Edit) is the most baffling to me, pretty pointless, especially given that more interesting radio edits - King of Snake (Barking Mix) and Bruce Lee (Short) - don't appear.

That said, they clearly made an attempt not to cross over with 1992-2012, which includes 8 Ball, Big Meat Show, Minneapolis, Why Why Why and Groove Without a Doubt. Which makes Thing in a Book an odd choice, given its edited form as Second Hand - 215 Miles would have definitely worked better in its place.
But they also made A Collection volumes 1 and 2 in 2011 and 2016, which share many tracks from their hits collections (even 8 Ball is on it). I don't get why 8 Ball could be on Vol. 2 in 2016, but not the Beaucoup Fish boxset. Japan got a bonus disc for Dubnobasswithmyheadman, so they easily could've done another disc. They just picked 3 random tracks from the Live In Tokyo 25.10.2005, which was a weird choice. Personally, the missing tracks make the sets feel incomplete.

Personally, I like collecting each album eras' tracks and put them all together on a massive playlist, but now only some have updated masters where others don't. Why Why Why is also a different edit on 1992-2012. Be nice if the full one was on Dubnobasswithmyheadman boxset. We got 2 different versions of The Hump with Wild Beasts version featured on the Dubnobasswithmyheadman boxset and just The Hump on the 1992-2012. In find it out they left Bigmouth off it. First UW song I ever heard (well, Lemon Interupt), kinda seems important.