View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 09:17 AM
whatmakesustick

Re: 2019-12-07 Wembley Arena - London, UK
Really enjoyed the gig - I was a bit sceptical because of the huge venue, but they managed to put on a great production. I did not manage to catch the Chems but wonder how it compared...maybe other did. I feel like they don't make enough of the huge screens - the drift car video just before they came on stage looked great. I wonder why for example, they did not use the video for Always Loved A Film as a bask drop which I think would have looked great during the song. I know it's all very minimal, but they have a wealth of material from Simon Taylor to use!

There was some kind of light/sound installation outside the arena and I think they were using the sounds from inside for this installation - I was outside when Rick started playing and I think this was played in the installation.

Not sure about Listen To Their No as an opener - I think after playing the Drift cars, Another Silent Way would have been great.

Great for Beautiful Burnout to get a run out - I was not sure how it would come across in a venue like that (where its not just hard core fans) but I thought it was great.

Loved the lighting cube.

Wanted more transitions between songs (as always ) The transition, if you can call it that, between LTTN and TMO was a bit jarring!

New tunes slotted in nicely. Border Country is a rocking tune!!!

I think all in all it was very good and the atmosphere was great too. My friend (not a fanatic like us) thought it was better than Ally Pally.