View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 06:58 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Re: Bells & Circles Ft. Iggy Pop
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamneorev View Post
Fanboying? My response to the song's lyrics have absolutely nothing to do with fanboying. It is my response and thoughts on the song lyrics. Also, the fact that this song was written and meant for the Trainspotting sequel, which deals with growing old and watching the world change around you and how you feel out of place in this new world where ideas of what's cool and accepted and what is now considered bad and outdated. A sorta shock an older person experiencing this shift in thought, culture, behavior over time. This is an unused song written for a movie dealing with what the song is talking about.

Nowhere did I actually gush over the song hence this has nothing to do with being a fanboy. It's understanding the context of a song. I just stated the meaning I got from the lyrics instead of losing my mind and being offended over someone doing a silly, tongue in cheek spoken word about smoking cigarettes and hitting on a stewardess on an airplane. What I find funny are the folks who just don't like the song getting bent out of shape over my thoughts when they weren't even directed at them. My response was toward the people losing their mind over the lyrical content itself, getting angry and focusing on smoking cigarettes and hinting on a stewardess, and pointing out how they maybe missed out on the actual meaning.

Then again, what I took away from the lyrics still stands and seems to be validated a bit because here we are with people overreacting and getting angry over my thoughts on the lyrics and their meaning.

Sharing your thoughts (You can't do that)
Finding meaning in a track (You can't do that)
lmao