View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 01:03 PM
cacophony
disquietude

Re: going broke on barking
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Conversion rate? Why not order it from Om Records, where it's $52 shipped, if you choose the Media Mail option? https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16960
i went through underworldlive, added it to cart and was directed to paypal. which gave me a total with shipping in pounds. i did a currency conversion and it came out to around $80. there's nothing on UWlive about being able to get it elsewhere for $52 with shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
$40?? OK, I can understand the general sentiment, about being put off by having to buy different versions to get all the bonus tracks. But the numbers being thrown around by people in this thread are just not reality. You need to read the ordering thread above to educate yourself, where there are ordering links for and information about everything in the first post. It was created specifically to try to reduce the kind of confusion that is evident in the thread about the different versions, and exclusives, and where and how they're available.

If you'd read that thread you would've seen the links to the Om Records store, the U.S. distributor, where you can get the box set shipped in the U.S. for $52 total. For "You Do Scribble (Abbey Road Version)", you'd have known that it's available on the iTunes US and UK stores too, where it is $11.99 for the deluxe album, and the standard album (which will also have the YDS track) will probably be $9.99.

So, be upset about not being able to get all the tracks in one place, but if you're upset that you're paying $80 and $40, respectively, that's your own fault.
okay, mister defensive. "upset" is a bit of a stretch.

and no, i didn't see the thread up there because this forum has a BILLION GODDAMNED STICKIED THREADS up there. UEX note: when everything is important, nothing is important.