View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Captain Najork
river

Who went to I Love Techno?
Surprised there's no thread on here already, maybe not many off this board were there? (edit ---> )

It was the first time I've seen Underworld live so I was never going to be disappointed! After having troubles getting in the room (doors close, go in wrong way, turned away, vault over barrier, led away again, finally got in 40 mins into set...) I absolutely loved it.

Good set for the night I thought, I heard Jumbo which was the main thing for me personally, I reckon Two Months Off would have worked well that night too. Karl's energy was a wonder to behold - after so many years touring with so many people like me hearing them for the first time and wanting to hear their favourite songs I think it's pretty fucking amazing to be leaping around the stage like a loon.

I think this speaks worlds for the quality of the songs they have produced, and for the motives of the people who have made those songs - hearing them, and seeing the way people react to them.

Obviously it's difficult to put across how much you have enjoyed seeing a live performance, but the personal measure for me is that when Underworld had finished, Richie Hawtin had already started, and instead of rushing over there I just wanted to sit down for a good 20 minutes and take in what I'd just seen. Fucking brilliant.

Would like to hear from others that were there. I have some photo / video footage I could share if no one minds / anyone is intersted and knows where I can host it.

Paul

Mod Edit: Threads merged here.

Haha - thanks mod eyes/brain still not engaged

Last edited by Captain Najork; 11-18-2005 at 11:55 AM.