View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 09:31 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: 2017 THREAD Orbital are back! Whatever happens will happen again!
My tracklisting:

The Raid
Tiny Foldable Cities (Kareful Remix)
A Long Way From Home
There Will Come A Time (Instrumental)
Dressing Up In Other People's Clothes
Analogue Test Oct 16
Tiny Foldable Cities
Vision One
Fun With The System
Copenhagen
Hoo Hoo Ha Ha (Beat-Herder mix)
Buried Deep Within
P.H.U.K.
To Dream Again
Kaiju

Found a way to listen to Hoo Hoo Ha Ha, and that was to remove the farty trumpets completely. Brian Cox is also muted. The track "Monsters Exist" just has a high pitched vocal and loses momentum after a cool intro. The Raid is a nice slow way to get into the album, and i've kind of ordered by BPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu View Post
Monsters Exist... oh, I dunno, I feel like there's a better album in there, with a bit of a shuffle around, and a couple of longer tracks. Paul reckons people don't have the attention span to listen to long records these days, and yet the one consistent criticism of the last four albums has been that the songs are too short! Daft bastard. Buried Deep Within ends just as it gets going, which disappoints me every time I listen. The End is Nigh sounds like The Chainsmokers. And Brian Cox can fuck off. Transport a couple of tracks from the bonus disc over to replace them (I'd say Kaiju, To Dream Again and the Coxless closing track) and you've got an album that's genuinely the equal of their first four. As it is, the 3CD HMV deluxe version is still excellent value and a bloody great album, it's just a shame about those little niggles that stop it being the album it should be.