View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 03:08 PM
aphasein
ping!

Send a message via AIM to aphasein
Possible Riverrun Boxset?
Hello there!

Sorry for such a massive post. Long-time member - mainly just been dropping by here to keep up on news, but felt compelled to ask:

What do we all think about the possibility of a Riverrun boxset (or making some noise in hopes of furthering the idea for one)?

With Drift being the focus now, it feels like the potential remaining album sets wouldn't be released for several years until things settle down again, if at all. They seem to have found their groove together and are in purely forward-looking/creating mode.

It will be the 20th anniversary for Everything, Everything in 2020 (which definitely deserves its own thread), and as much as I had hoped for a multi-disc set for it and for AHDO (especially with the rumored 4-hour archive of ambient material to pull from), I don't think that will happen with the constant focus on new Drift tracks.

(And to be clear, I'm definitely more excited and appreciative of getting so much surprising new music, rather than mainly remasters of stuff we already have, but...)

Riverrun is the main item missing from their catalog, though. We have all the albums, and the first three boxsets made available a large majority of the non-album tracks. World of Underworld has resurfaced a lot of the classic remixes done for others along with odd gems, but I have not seen Riverrun tracks around.

With the 4-disc boxset format, it seems like a great opportunity to finally get those songs remastered in high quality and released in a worthwhile format (and also easily available for streaming services). There's a lot to talk about for that busy time period and the Book of Jams to pull from as well.

We know there were more tracks and a rumored fourth release that was considered. Seeing how they are willing to add unreleased tracks onto the Drift EPs for their boxset discs, it seems like adding the extra tracks onto the three Riverrun EPs would be a good alternative, along with a fourth disc of all the remixes.

Riverrun is an obvious parallel and first iteration of Drift, and it's some of their most diverse and interesting tracks. Now seems like a great time with all the Drift momentum to shine a light on them as well. Thoughts?