Thread: Bought a 360!
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:18 PM
bas_I_am
vision

Re: Bought a 360!
So I finally bought an xbox 360 ... my xmas gift to myself.

I purchased Assasins Creed III, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (the salesman suggested I get that instead of Halo 4 to determine if I liked it or not). And I downloaded Skyrim, Portal 2 and the first Walking Dead (it was free last week)

I played AC, Skyrim, CoD, Halo, Skyrim all for about an hour each. I found none of them engaging. As a matter of fact, they were all downright boring.

The action in them seemed non deterministic at best... I don't know how better to explain it. But for example, in an AC fist fight sequence, I couldn't get a feel for what was a good swing or not. It was just press..press..press... oh that worked... and then press..press..press... oh that didn't. The same thing with the gunplay in CoD and halo.

Portal 2 felt like I was playing an updated Myst.

Walking Dead??? How the fuck did this make "Game of the Year" ???? I saw an online review that said, "just watch a walkthrough on YouTube and you will enjoy it." The guy is so right.

I should have just waited for the sequel to Mario Galaxy and the next Zelda and bought a Wii-U.

So, am I unsophisticated, simply old, or both?