Thread: spore
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 10:21 PM
cacophony
disquietude

Re: spore
[QUOTE=EuroZeroZero;101490However, if the claim made by EA is that multiple accounts can be linked to a single license, then I could see how that would be a pissoff.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is what they claim in plain language in the game manual. We contacted customer support and apparently they are regarding this as a bug. They published a "fix" that totally doesn't work. So now we're waiting for the next fix.

It's not like this is a revolutionary concept. My husband I have separate xbox live accounts and we're able to play anything we buy as separate entities on a single license. I don't have a problem with limiting the game to a single machine and registering to a single account, but multiple online profiles is hardly a new or earthshattering concept. They just plain screwed up. And considering how long they had to develop this thing I'm a little disappointed to find a bug right away.

As far as the game itself goes, it's fun so far, although I find the user experience a little clunky. I'm also surprised by how chunky it looks. I didn't expect so many visible polygons. It immediately looks a little dated as a result. I realize that the game's actual mode of play and interactivity/adaptability is its selling point but come on. It's so boxy it looks like it's running on an N64.

Anyway, I'm a fairly atypical gamer (non-gamer gamer, really) so I anticipate putting in a lot of hours. It'll be interesting to see whether the primary gamer community embraces it at all.

Posted from my blackberry so forgive any fat-fingered typos.