View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 07:01 AM
matt
old man einstein

Re: lemon jelly...
Fred Deakin posted the following on the lj forum in Jan 2008

Quote:
Hi All,

Just to let you know that after many lengthy discussions me and Nick have come to the conclusion that we won't be doing any more Jelly anytime soon. We certainly haven't ruled out the prospect of hooking up in the future but for various reasons there will be no new music from Lemon Jelly in 2008 for sure. Thought you'd like to know.

Apologies! They do say that a pleasure deferred is a pleasure doubled but I don't think anyone could make an album that good. I'm sure I speak for both of us when I say that we are incredibly grateful for your support and are still hopeful that we can re-emerge at some point with something worthy of your attention.

In the meantime there will be other stuff coming out from us individually and in collaboration with others over the course of the year. And the new Hot Chip album is the nuts.

Big love,

Fredxxx
They've done nothing since then although Mr Deakin has released a couple of mix cds including the rather tasty Nu Balearica which is a great introduction to the "genre" if you're not familiar with it. If you are, you'd probably already have most of the tracks but it's still a nicely put together double mix cd