View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 10:56 AM
purlieu
enofa

Re: 2017 THREAD Orbital are back! Whatever happens will happen again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamneorev View Post
ORBITAL 30 REMIXED COMING IN 2019, NEW ALBUM IN 2020

Fact Magazine shared a video of Paul Hartnoll showing off his studio and live rig and there is some interesting information if you pay attention to the whiteboard on the wall. I took some screenshots for your viewing pleasure.

Remixer list:

It reads...

ORBITAL 30 REMIXED

UTAH SAINTS
BICEP
APHEX TWIN
CHEMICAL BROTHERS
UNDERWORLD
LEFTFIELD
PRODIGY
DAVID HOLMES
VINCE CLARKE

Now only Bicep has a check mark by his name, so possibly he is the only one who agreed at the moment or he is the only one who handed in his remix. I guess we shall find out in 2019.

Orbital studio/live rig video:

Orbital mentioned wanting their peers to remix classic tracks as well as re-recording tracks to be closer to their current live incarnations for Orbital 30...

“It’s our 30th anniversary next year, and there’s nothing concrete yet, but we would like to do an ‘Orbital 30’ album — and we essentially want to get a lot of our peers to do remixes of our classic tracks, and we want to record our tracks how we play them live now, because they’re very different from when we first recorded them because the way we improvise live sort of rearranges the structure of the song,” Hartnoll says. “When we play ‘Halcyon’ live, we don’t even realize how different it is from when we first recorded it, almost like it went through a game of Chinese whispers."

“Next year, 2019, will be more of a celebration for us,” Hartnoll adds, “and for 2020, my vision is that we will have another album out.”

Source:
http://www.sfweekly.com/music/orbita...lLk8jfqgD2JzRE

Tracks Orbital are re-recording:
This is a great example of why bands shouldn't announce things until they're confirmed. All we've had since then are a couple of goofy collaborations and some TV soundtrack work.