View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 03:38 PM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

Re: Determine Your Favorite Underworld Album - With SCIENCE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
For some dumb insomnia reason...
I get those all the time. Great post! I always end up listening to UW while visiting the forum. I'm going w/your science. I've listed the tracks in my calculation for LP's that do not get my 100%. It doesn't mean that I do not like these tracks, they are just the weakest links to my for each LP.

I'm also including the 2 previous UW LP's which obviously have fallen through the cracks...

Underneath The Radar
50% (Call Me No. 1, Miracle Party, I Need A Doctor, Bright White Flame, The God Song) - Overall not a terrible release for the sound they were going for, however, I think Freur was a bit better.

Change The Weather
30% (Fever, Mercy, Mr. Universe, Texas, Thrash, Sole Survivor, Beach) - This LP marks the end of a New Wave/Pop/Funk era and likely could have been the end of UW...

dubnobasswithmyheadman
100% - Pivotal.

Second Toughest In The Infants
100% - Going strong with a hard beats and thus reaching Techno King status.

Beaucoup Fish
64% (Winjer, Skym, Kittens, Something Like a Mama) - I do like this whole LP, it was really when I got into them and I was fortunate enough to see them perform live when they came to the U.S. and played a show in Santa Monica, CA. It's what ignited my desire to see them every time I could when they make it out to the west coast.

A Hundred Days Off
50% (Twist, Little Speaker, Ess Gee, Dinosaur Adv 3D, Ballet Lane) - Exit Emerson. As a duo, this LP was a test to their creativity and whether or not they could survive. It had some very strong tracks, which still stand as a few of my favourites.

Oblivion With Bells
73% (To Heal, Cuddle Bunny..., Faxed Invitation, Good Morning Cockerel) - My % may be boosted because I included Loads of Birds, which should have been released on every version of OWB because it's one of their better tracks.

Barking
60% (Hamburg Hotel, Diamond Jigsaw, Moon In Water, Louisiana) - Most of the tracks that I don't mind, I just feel like they would have been fine as a B-Side... You Do Scribble and some of the other River Run tracks would have been more successful had they been released w/this LP... IMO...

Barbara, Barbara...
80% (If Rah, Santiago Cuatro) - I still rank it a 10 because Twenty Three Blue is absolutely amazing and Nylon Strung is still an instant repeat almost every time I play it.

Well, this has been fun!