View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 02:29 PM
grady
fac321

Re: Feeding my habit
Quote:
Originally Posted by votingfloater
Is this normal for any of you:

I have to have at least one book on the go.
I have to have one spare for when the current one is done.
I read far too late into the night, and wake up early so I can read more.
All my spare time - and I really mean spare, this doesn't impinge on socializing, seeing my gf or anything - I'll be reading.

I fucking bet it isn't!

The great thing is, I'm getting through shitloads of books. On the downside, I'm struggling to choose new stuff, and I probably seem like a bit of a looper.

There's worse things to be obsessed with.
Eh, I don't know, books are a pretty good thing to be obsessed with.

I have three books on the go with me. Two in my back pack, [color=blue]House [/color][color=black]of leaves and The Whore's Child and other stories by Richard Russo. One in the right cargo pocket of my shorts, a small paperback of Slaughter House Five by Kurt Vonnegut along with my moleskin notebook. And one that I carry in either my right or left hand as I walk at the moment, Wong Kar-Wai by Stephen Teo. [/color]

At home I have a mess of books that are piling over ontop of others on the book shelf. A few boxes full of books and then a stack of books near my bed side table of stuff I want to try and work into the rotation.

I spend most of my time at work reading and writing. And then as I'm going to bed each night I read for probably another hour or so depending on my level of intoxication if I had been out that evening.

books, books, and more books.

I have had to to force myself to stop frequenting the goodwill here in portland and buying more books since they're so cheap that I inevitably leave with more books that I should. But you can't go wrong with getting 3-5 decent paperbacks and hardbacks for under $10.

Last edited by grady; 08-02-2005 at 02:31 PM.