View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 03:02 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: The beginning of the end for P2Ps/Torrent Sites?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
So then in your view, purchasing one item from a group justifies stealing multiple other items from them as well? Does that mean that the converse would be true, and I could feel just spiffy about buying one of their albums, and then sneaking into a few of their concerts for free? Nevermind the separate laundry list of expenses that go into putting on a concert - lighting, roadies, managers, venue, transportation, security, etc. - after all, the band has already profited from my single album purchase, so there's nothing wrong with enjoying the non-physical product that is a few concerts, right?
I think it does justify it in some cases. If you would have never gone to a Primal Scream concert if you didnt download the albums then the band get money from you that they otherwise wouldnt have received.

Also going to gigs pays bands more money than if you buys cds because the record company takes less/none of the cash, so doing it in reverse is worse for the band. I've blagged guest lists before to gigs, and then bought a CD later. Is this wrong?