View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 10:41 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Re: Underworld Recordings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
How much data is in the RTSR tracker? I have a very large dropbox account that i use for the Orbital OMT releases. Depending on how much there is, i could potentially house it there? We'd have to figure out a way of getting it to me and then uploading it all but it could be possible.

On the tracker? Nothing, It doesn't host files. In all the torrents on it? Hundreds of gigabytes. I'd put it between 275 and 500, but I'm really grasping at straws there, could be a bit more. I haven't looked at it all in one place since before the Olympics, I think, and that broadcast alone is pretty big.

Two issues:
1) Putting things in one place under one person still gives a single point of failure.
2) I don't know that any one person has all of it anymore, so it will all need to be collected. I'd be surprised if anything was actually lost to the ages though.

The solution that seems to be the best for ensuring these shows are accessible to new downloaders without relying on one or two individuals is going to be wider availability. Opening up RTSR to all isn't a great idea, no one here wants to have to moderate that closely, but I think it could be a good idea to get these shows out onto more public torrent networks like tribal mixes and what not, tagged with RTSR info of course. The biggest problem there is that if new sources of old shows turn up we can't really replace the old ones easily, but other internet randos not getting the latest and greatest isn't something I will lose sleep over, they can come here if they want that.

cloud storage, if large enough, would be a good place to collect files in the mean time for that project, though.

Last edited by jetpig; 06-18-2018 at 10:45 PM.