View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 06:23 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Re: Underworld rejected from ProgArchives
i never understood how underworld were actually prog. maybe at he very beginning, but those days seem to be behind them, and i really dont get the prog feel from them these days.

then again, i never really understood what that term carried, except that about every band that carried that genre to their name except for underworld just about instantly annoyed me. prog house is patchy, prog rock is painful, prog anything just seems to focus on "brilliant" layering rather than something with teeth or funk or anything that doesnt stink of over-deliberated wankery.

which is why i'm a little suspect whether they're prog or not.

and i know there's scarcely a point in saying this, but in contrast to bryants opinion (yes are not beethoven, and i dont know what you mean by stretching boundaries or "making us think." think what??), i think the world of music and everything relevant in it left underworld behind since after STITI days. i still think they're brilliant, and i love what they're doing now, but as far as being relevant to anyone but us fans, it's not happening. everyone who cares to know knows what they do, and they havent really surprised anyone since then, i dont think... maybe with beaucoup fish, but not really.

so yeah, they may be doing some things that are new, and we may love (or not) how what is incredibly familiar to us is getting changed up and thrown through their constantly evolving process, but it is their unique process, and everyone else who has wanted to has seriously moved on.

Last edited by dubman; 10-24-2006 at 06:26 PM.