View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 04:10 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Re: The Misterons Rowla/Cherry Jam
Please forgive me if my memory is a bit fuzzy over 20 years since Second Toughest came out but, I'm sure back in the day I remember hearing/reading somewhere that they had a lot of disagreements about what tracks to use for the album because they did different things with similar 'stems' of tracks. Cherry Pie and Rowla always have been the epitome of this for me. I always think that Rick's version is Cherry Pie and Darren's version is Rowla. Have I totally made this up?? Does anyone remember any interviews etc about this sort of thing?
I would love to know more about the creative process from that time (and now). It's always felt to me that Rick is the main music man with Karl's vocals and guitar and ideas and Darren steered/polished their 'club' sound in the early days. Were Karl and Darren more involved than this? I'm not belittling anyone as I doubt Underworld would have 'worked' without any one of them. I would just love to know more about how they created such similar yet different tracks as Cherry Pie and Rowla!
My only other question is why oh why was the extended version of Rowla not on the STITI Remaster?

Last edited by Billy Goat; 01-10-2019 at 04:18 PM.