View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 12:20 AM
Mike
born013

Re: DRIFT Series 2 speculation
Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
That said, it seems unlikely Rick and Karl have just been idle.
I agree - it would be surprising if there has been nothing happening creatively. I'm sure they are not holding back any creative output for ego sake, but I am glad they are not jumping on the "lockdown set" bandwagon. After all they were doing it 15 years ago... before COVID-19 existed.

Reading this also made me think about how some of Underworld's creative output has been ahead of it's time, pushing the boundaries of what is possible.

Just some examples:

"Experimental Sound Field" an experiment in audio engineering and resilience in live jamming.

Band updates by Fax:

underworldlive.com - Seeing how the internet could work for them - especially very early days with text / videos diaries / music downloads

Everything, Everything - A superbly engineered live show, and taking advantage of what the DVD format had to offer above a "video" with programable playlists, 2 video "angles" with completely different visuals and additional content available online.

Riverrun - Selling digital downloads on their own store? Was anyone else doing this back then?

Live radio shows and jams from the studio 2004 - 2009 - streaming online... who else was doing it then?

DRIFT - Releasing 5+ hours of new music in 1 year - challenging the traditional album concept - and then they fulfil us with snippets of the past and new versions of old gems in between chapters.

Reflecting on this would probably make a good article on borndirty one day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uw1.JPG
Views:	452
Size:	834.4 KB
ID:	482