View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 02:19 AM
Badger
pants

Re: Orbital's new release Wonky, April Fool's Day, 2012
I've managed to get a promo copy of the album a few weeks ago and I can say it's a great album.
It took a couple of listens all the way through and there were some stand out tracks straight away (Distractions - very In Sides and Where Is It Going? - possibly the best thing they've done in years and I'm even loving the title track "Wonky" with it's battle rap vocals and the Dj Version they've been playing out as well. It works!) but i admit some tracks still took a few listens to really work. This album is a great combination of old Orbital with new Orbital. You will hear familiar echoes of past works (Snivilisation, In Sides, Brown and MON) subtlety layered into a great new sound.

I can't wait to hear the rest of this live. As we speak i'm sitting in an airport lounge in Sydney about to head over for the Orbital UK tour in a couple of weeks and I haven't been this excited about a tour in AGES!

The new album is a little bit of a grower but once it all clicks into place...boy does it click into place!

Straight Sun really sounded great live last week from the BBC6 Maida Vale broadcast (SPOILER ALERT...

...so did Sad But True revamped and in the new live set).