View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 07:25 AM
CaliWeed
river

A hooray for non-album-like renditions of Push Upstairs - so live
Allow me to ask some things about the coming-about of the differences in lyrical treatment by Underworld of Push Upstairs.

Listening, after i eagerly pressed play, to Push Upstairs of Beaucoup Fish (album version) since years, I realised I completely prefer the live versions I know best, and love (a lot - as Push Upstairs is a huge one in the entire/sublime UW discography). I refer to the live versions as the one during the live Lemonworld Boradcast of may 2006 (from 24:55 min - you can hear here: http://3voor12.vpro.nl/nieuws/2006/m...voor12bpm.html).
Anyone like-minded here? It's about the timing of the lyrics. Would you Dirties agree this shows how important it is a group is willing to agree a song can change and should be able to undergo different approaches onwards/live?

It is very intriguing I think. So i hope you find this deserves a thread here. I am wondering a bit if the whole progression as I see it around Push Upstairs has felt like typical album vs. live. It's a breakthrough it seems for the legendary UW lads. Now I'm crossing unnecessary gossip-lines maybe...in the wildly fascinating world of the history of Underworld recording/performing .