View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 03:08 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: New Underworld album - Barking (Sept. 13, Sept 2 Japan)
Well, I'm going to assume there's a lot of hyperbole in that post.

I do think UW are giving us what we asked for though. In the Limited Edition. The 2nd disc is pretty much what the die-hards wanted, both before the album was announced and after. Before the album, people were asking for those tracks to be released as we'd heard them in their various forms. After the album, people were bemoaning the collaborations and wanting the Underworld "originals". UW probably foresaw this, thus the bonus disc. I think it satisfies most of the die-hards' wishes, except, perhaps, for more versions of ALAF (a missed opportunity for the ALAF single?).

There is the issue of the somewhat high price of the Limited Edition, but the moanings been kind of minimal on that, and fans HAVE been saying for years that they'd pay the band good money for the tracks, so I think it's time to put up or shut up. Also, it IS a limited run, and hopefully will be high quality too with the photobook and packaging and all.

No comment on the artwork. Playing America? Reality is what it is. I just hope more dates are announced soon. Gotta make plans.

Live shows the same? I understand the reasoning (I guess). It's just not what we've come to expect and love of Underworld Live. The same set twice in a row? Many times in a row? So long as they're confined to festival shows, however, I think I can live with that. I just hope they remember that it's the die-hard fans coming to their headlining individual shows, and play accordingly.

Crap remixes? Well, you can't always have everything you want, can you?